Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Review : Newton running shoes Distance S


I am so happy that I gave Newton shoes a second chance! Last summer I tried the shoes out and didn’t really enjoy the feeling of them. But this year, on my return back from my injury I decided to give them another shot and I am very happy I did. Running in Newton shoes is like nothing else. Hard to explain the feeling you get running with them but every step just seems so effortless. It almost feels like your hovering above the ground with minimal impact on your feet. Over the last couple of years I have changed my running technique to a more forefoot striker but when I put the Newtons on I discovered that I was way too far forward on my toes. Might be good for the sprints but not for the long runs. So after I couple miles I zeroed in on the sweet spot of the shoes on where to land and went from there. Since then everything has been perfect. The lugs under the shoes help build a natural running technique. During runs, my legs do not hurt and after runs it almost feels like I have ran at all! Nothing better then that!

Even though they have their training and racing shoe I would be comfortable using either of them during a race or training. However I do prefer the Distance S as they are a little lighter just seem to be a fraction faster. I know, its probably in my head! My trainers are the Motion.

I would really like to thank Michael Bennett at Euro-Sports for carrying the Newton shoes and being able to provide me with the shoes. Mike is very dedicated to providing athletes in Ottawa with the best possible equipment for training and racing. I am very happy to be part of the team Euro-Sports racing team! Please contact Mike if you would like to try some of the best shoes on the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment